Texting can be a great way to maintain a high level of customer service for your business, and SpectrumVoIP is here to help.
There are a few things to be sure of before considering enabling and using the SpectrumVoIPs texting service:
- You will need to be the owner of the account to enable the service.
- The number to be used must be ported to a specific carrier that SpectrumVoIP partners with to enable SMS/MMS. Carrier availability may be restricted by location.
- Only one number can be used for texting per account, this can be thought of as having "Company X" texting customers instead of each agent.
- Everyone with a high enough access level will be able to view anything that has been texted from the number.
Please submit a support request if you would like SpectrumVoIP to enable texting from your account.
Once it is enabled, you may access it by following the steps below.
- Sign into the SpectrumVoIP web portal and click Messages
- Click Text messages
- From here, sign in with your SpectrumVoIP credential and text whichever numbers you with within the US or Canada. Your screen will now look similar to the below image after you sign in:
From the above screen, you will be able to send and receive text messages.
To send a message fill out the field
Type your message into the body of text next to the "To:" field
Then select the button.
The button allows you to attach files or images to the text you are sending.