An IVR, or Phone Tree, is a feature where when a caller calls into a number there are choices to press a number between 0 and 9 which will lead the call from anything from dialing an extension to playing a businesses hours.
If you need help setting up an IVR please submit a ticket and one of our technical agents will reach out and walk you through the process.
- Sign into the SpectrumVoIP portal
- Go to Features then IVR menus
- If you are editing an existing IVR, simply click the name of the IVR you will be editing, if this will be a new IVR, select . If you will be editing an existing IVR, skip to step 7
- For a new IVR, we will first need to name the IVR under IVR settings: *Name. Any field marked with an asterisk (*) will need to be filled in.
- Under "Destinations:" the choices have drop down menus which are used to select what will happen when a caller selects that option. While there are many choices in the drop down, the most common ones are:
- Number: This will forward the caller to an outside number, typically a cell phone
- Feature Code: Feature codes can be used to record hours, or for other purposes.
- Mailbox: For forwarding a caller directly to an extensions mailbox
- Queue: If a queue is setup, this option will direct the call to it
- Telephone line: This will direct the call to an internal extension
- After filling in the IVR with what numbers should go to which choice, please click then click Return to the list of IVR menus >> then select the IVR that was just made.
- Now we will need to attach a recording to go along with the IVR. There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to dial 170# on any desk phone and record a greeting. The second way is to record a greeting on any device and then select "Choose File" to upload the recording to the IVR. The second method does allow for more professional recordings as you'll have the option to edit the audio before uploading it, or if you use an outside recording firm this option will allow you to upload that recording. Please keep in mind the recording to upload must be a .wav.
- Once you've recorded a greeting with either 170# and selecting it from the drop down next to Sound file to use:
or by uploading the recording with the Choose File option, press . If you are unsure what is already attached to an IVR, under the Message file: option, select which will download the current recording onto your computer as a .wav for you to listen to.
- After the IVR is setup to your liking, we will need to link it to a number. Go to Features then Numbers
- Select the number that the IVR needs to be attached to.
- Under Route calls to: and next to Default destination: select IVR menu from the drop down menu then select the IVR you would like to attach to the number as shown