If assistance is needed logging into the portal, please view our article titled, "Logging into the Stratus Web Portal".
- First, go to stratus.spectrumvoip.com and sign in with your credentials.
- Next, if this is your first time creating this rule, we will need to make a Time Frame for the forward. If one already exists, please skip to step 4.
- Go to the Time Frames tab and click Add Time Frame. Next Name the Timeframe you are creating something that is easily identifiable, in this case Temp Forward. The "When" button should be set to Always if you would like to manually toggle the Timeframe otherwise if you would like to set it to a spacific time and date select "Specific dates or ranges" and set that accordingly. Press Save when finished.
- Now that the Timeframe is created we will need to apply it to the answering rules on the user that the number that needs to be forwarded is pointed to. To find out which user that is, click the Inventory tab. Once in the Inventory tab, locate the number you would like to forward on the list. In this example, I am trying to forward (317) 207-7134 to another outside number. That 7134 number is current set to User 999. Now that we know which user the number is pointed to, we need to go to the Users tab to change the answering rules and apply the Temp Forward Timeframe.
- Navigate to the Users tab and in the search box in the top lefthand corner type in the number associated with the user that the number you are trying to forward is pointed to then click that user.
- Next, navigate to the Answering Rules tab. It should look something like this:
- Now select Add Rule, then on the dropdown on the top of the window select the correct Timeframe from that list.
- Next, click the box next to active and fill in the number or internal extension/voicemail you would like incoming calls to go to, then select save. This will cause the timeframe to be enabled by default and incoming calls will go to the location that is in the active field. To toggle the timeframe on and off, simply select the box next to Enabled and click save.
Now that the rule is in place on the correct users answering rules, simply toggle enable and disable it at will with the checkbox.