To utilize this feature, it must be activated on your account. Please reach out to a member of our Technical Support Team if needed.
Send a Fax via Email
1. Create a new email with the recipient set to the fax number to send to @theirfax.com
- For example: to send a fax to 214-555-1212 you would use firstname.lastname@example.org
2. For the subject line of the email, enter any ATTN: to information.
3. The body of the email will be the cover page for your fax.
- You may want to remove or edit your email signature as the fax will not be able to use any hyperlinks and will grey-scale all colors.
4. Attach the document to be faxed to the email. The attachment will be converted into the pages that follow the cover page.
Acceptable file attachment formats are:
5. Press the send button to send your eFax.
When you send a fax to email there are several types of confirmations.
- If the fax went through properly, you should receive a confirmation from email@example.com saying, "Fax Delivery Successful".
- If the fax failed to go through, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with some form of error code that can be used to troubleshoot with Technical Support
- If you receive a Busy(486), it means the destination returned a busy tone to the fax sent. Try sending the fax again later.
- If you receive a Not Accepted Here, it means the destination you faxed to does not accept T.38 Fax Media. Verify this is the correct fax number and try again.