In this article, you will learn how to create a timeframe for a temporary forward to a cellphone in case you lose internet or power at the office. It is important to remember that you can access the Stratus portal from any device or network to make changes to your phone system. If you lose power or if you lose internet, you can get on your phone LTE or you can go home and implement the “Temp Forward” timeframe you are about to learn how to create. This guide is only available for Office Managers.
- Go to stratus.spectrumvoip.com and sign in using your credentials
- Once you are in the portal, click on the Time Frames tab at the top of the screen
- Once you are in the Time Frames tab, click on Add Time Frame and enter the following information.
Make sure the “Always” is checked.
- Now we have the timeframe created, we need to figure out where the calls go so we can put the time frame in the correct location. Click on the Inventory tab and look to see where the main number goes when someone calls in.
In this example, my main number is going to a user. In most cases, you will see the call go to 8900 (Routing User) or 800 (Main Inbound). Whatever the “Treatment” option is next to your main number is where we need to go next to implement the new timeframe.
- Next, click on the Users tab and then click on the user that the call goes to in step 4.
- Once in the user, click on answering rules and then click on add rule
- Once in the rule, click on the drop-down next to “Time Frame” and choose the timeframe you just created.
Next, you need to add the cellphone number you would like the calls to forward to until the phones are back up and running. And click save.
- Now you should see the rule you just created in the list of answering rules. An important thing to note, is the answering rules have priorities. The rules with the highest priority are at the top, and the rules with the lowest priority will be at the bottom. If your internet is out, then you want the phones to forward as soon as possible.
- To change the priorities of the answering rules, click on the left-hand side of the rule where you see the arrow icon and drag your new Temp Forward rule to the top of the list and click Save.
- Once you click Save, you will see the blue ACTIVE box next to your timeframe which means it now active.
As soon as your phones come back on, you need to un-forward the phones so they will begin to ring like normal. Drag your Temp Forward rule to the bottom of the list of rules and click Save. Now the rule is deactivated until you drag it back to the top of the list.