In this article, we will discuss adding hold music to your account, as well as how to remove hold music, and apply it to a specific destination, such as a call queue.
- First, log into your account at stratus.spectrumvoip.com. If you are unable to log in or do not know your login information, please contact support.
- Locate the “Music on Hold” tab at the top of the web page.
- Once uploaded, the music on hold will play for the entire account whenever someone is on hold.
Next, click “Add Music,” then click the “Browse” button. Locate the music you wish to upload, enter in a song name, and click “Upload.”
- To upload music for a specific destination rather than the entire account, such as a queue, for example, you can enter the extension number in the field labeled “Find a User’s Music.” For this example, I entered in 8000, as this is the extension number for my call queue.
- As there is no music on hold for this user, it will obtain its hold music from whatever music may be present under the default “Music on Hold” tab. To input music for a specific user or destination, repeat steps 1-3 above.
- To remove music on hold from a destination, locate the file you wish to remove and click the red X button to the right of the music file. This will remove the music on hold audio from the destination desired.
Note: Only Copywrite free music may be used as hold music. Look for Royalty-Free Music on google to find Copywrite free content.