How to update your voicemail from your phone or via the Stratus Web Portal
To update your voicemail greeting from your SpectrumVoIP telephone:
- press the button labeled “Message” on the device
- Press option 6 change your greeting
- Press 1 to record a new greeting
- Select a number on the dial-pad to save the recording as
- After you record your message, press the # sign on the phone. The system will playback your greeting after you are finished
- To select the newly recorded greeting as the one you wish to play, press 1. To keep the previous greeting that was set, press 0
To update your voicemail greeting from the web portal:
Login to the Stratus Web Portal
SpectrumVoIP Stratus Web Portal Select “Messages” in the web portal interface
Select “Settings” from the tabbed menu
Scroll down to the section labeled “Greetings" and select the manage icon
In the new window that opens you are able to select existing greetings to playback, modify, download, delete, and/or add a new greeting.
Selecting the pencil icon to edit a greeting will allow you to change the current recorded message
Or if you wish to add a new greeting such as a temporary out of office message, chose the "Add Greeting" button located on the lower right side of the pop up window.
To record a new greeting choose the record option, enter the extension you are at if it is not populated in the "Call me at" field (you may also enter a cell phone number), and enter a greeting name if adding a new one.
The system will call the extension you entered above and ask that you record your greeting and press pound when finished.
The new recording can be listened to by pressing the play icon located to the left of the greeting name.
If you created a new greeting such as a temporary out of office notification, when you close the "Manage Greetings" window you will be able to select it as the active greeting from the drop down menu.