How to Set Call Forwarding for an Extension
If you or an employee needs to step away from your phone but still need to receive calls, you can set a forwarding rule on your desk phone to route calls to your cell phone.
These are the steps to resolve
- On T27 and T29 Model Yealink phones, you can hit the Menu, button. Then Features and the first option will be Call Forward. Select this.
- Select the first option, Always Forward.
- On the first line, set Always Forward to enabled by selecting left or right on the directional keys.
- On the second line, Forward to, you will enter (for a cell) your 10-digit telephone number.
- If you are forwarding your phone to another office extension, enter the desired extension.
- Then hit the Save button. A popup screen will say "Saving Config File!" and return you to the Call Forward menu. Your forwarding rule is now set.
- To remove the forwarding rule upon your return to your desk, follow directions 1 through 3 and set the first line to disabled and save.
Note: This is also a good place to check if an extension appears to be unable to receive calls.