Ready to move your numbers over to SpectrumVoIP?
There's a few things we need first:
- A list of the telephone numbers you wish to port.
- The most recent copy of your phone bill listing the numbers you wish to port over.
- If your phone bill does not list your numbers on it, please see the following article: Bill Alternatives
- The authorized user on the account with your old carrier needs to hand sign a Letter of Authorization (LOA) form SV_LOA.pdf
While gathering and completing the documentation mentioned above please consider the following:
- Ports are dependent on the correct information provided as well as the first available date the losing carrier will grant.
- Discrepancies in the information submitted will cause a delay in the porting process.
- Any changes made to the LNP order restarts the submission process with the losing carrier.
- Carriers do not allow adding and removing numbers. The order will need to be canceled and resubmitted with the new information.
Once you have your documents, submit your request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
A new ticket will be created in our LNP / Porting queue for tracking and an automated response sent to you. Our LNP / Porting Team will then advise you on it's status as it's processed.
Manual activation times are restricted from 9:00 AM ~ 5:00 PM CST from Monday to Friday only (excluding holidays). If there is an urgent need for the port to be manually activated outside this time frame, it will need to be requested on your submission.
After-hours manual activations are risky due to the chance that if a problem arises that needs to be escalated at the losing carrier, there's good chance you will not get help until the next business day.
In some markets SpectrumVoIP is capable of triggering ports automatically at a scheduled date and time. Advance notice of scheduling requirements is more flexible in these cases. However, please be sure to notate any activation time requirements in your request to avoid any potential issues with losing carrier requirements.
Our LNP / Porting team will advise accordingly if the desired port date/time is feasible or not and provide guidance in this matter.
FOC (Firm Order Confirmation)
The LNP / Porting Team will update your request with the confirmed FOC date and time in the port ticket. Upon receiving FOC, the numbers will be loaded into your account and visible for routing.
On the day of the FOC, the LNP / Porting Team will inform you through their port ticket once the number/s has activated. Please allow 30 minutes to 1 hour for the port to fully propagate and for us to complete our internal testing.
Processing Outbound CNAM/DL (Caller ID and Directory Listing)
After all numbers on an order have activated, the LNP / Porting Team will process Outbound CNAM/DL requests. CNAM will be updated within 48 to 72 hours from the date it was submitted. DL usually takes 3 to 4 weeks to be updated.
Please note that we do not process Outbound CNAM/DL for Toll Free numbers and or Canadian numbers.
Analog PSTN Services Warning:
When we port your numbers over to SpectrumVoIP the analog PSTN circuit your telephone number used to operate over is disconnected. This means any analog device connected to it such as a fax machine, legacy DSL, fire alarm, elevator line, security system, credit card machine, pool phone, or postage meter will stop working. Please let us know if you are using any of these analog devices on the numbers you wish to port, and we can help you make other arrangements.