This article will walk you through connecting a Yealink T29G to a WiFi network. The steps are similar for the Yealink T27G. We only recommend using WiFi if there is no other way to get a network cable to the location that the phone is going to be. WiFi is not the most reliable for VoIP calls and you may experience call quality issues while attached to WiFi.
- Attach the WiFi dongle to the USB port on the back of the phone. It is located directly behind the LCD screen on the phone.
- When you plug in the dongle you'll get a pop up the phone press OK
- Next will see the WiFi menu you'll want to use the arrow button to select where it says "(x) available network(s)" where x=number of WiFi networks that are in your area. Once you have that selected press OK.
- Now you should have a list of WiFi networks that are available for you to connect to. Use the arrow buttons to select your WiFi network and press connect.
- Now you should be prompted to input your WiFi password. On the button of the screen, you should see a button that says 123 you can press that until you reach your desired input mode the choices are 123 (numbers only), abc (lower case letters), ABC (upper case letters), and 2aB (all three). To get the letter you need you will press the associated number until you see that letter pop up for example if your password starts with an upper case V you will want your input mode to be set to ABC and press the number 8 3 times. For any special characters, you will need to use the * key. Once you have the password inputted you can press the OK button.