Issue (Polycom VVX Phone Is Boot Looping)
Plugging in a Polycom phone only to find that after the phone runs through its booting process that it fails to load and restarts the booting process.
These are the steps to resolve
- Go to http://tftpd32.jounin.net/tftpd32_download.html and download either 32bit or 64bit exe.
- Install tftpd32 or tftpd64 onto your computer and run the program
- Go to http://downloads.polycom.com/voice/voip/uc_sw_releases_matrix.html and download the correct firmware for your make and model of Polycom phone. Extract the .zip after it finishes downloading
- Set the following settings in Tftpd64.
- ^^^ Current Directory ( The directory that you unziped the polycom's firmware you just downloaded)
- ^^^ Server interfaces ( The IP address of you computer's NIC )
- Open "Settings" and set the following values below
- ^^^ "Base Directory" is going to be the path of the Polycom .zip file that you unzipped.
- ^^^ Set "TFTP Security" to "none and click "OK"
- Now reboot the phone by unplugging the network and reconnecting it. Follow the steps below on the Polycom phone.
- ^^^ Replace the above highlighted fields with the following.
- Server Type: "TFTP" | Server Address: "IP address of your computer's NIC" | Server User: "Blank" | Server Password: "Blank".
- The phone will reboot and if you configured everything correctly during the booting process you should see the TFTP file transfer start.
- This file transfer will take a while ***Just FYI***
- The phone will reboot a couple of times but it will eventually stop rebooting and stay up.
- Your Done :)
Messing with the provisioning server's location and or path in the phones settings, can cause the phone to not be able to reach out to the provisioning server and get stuck in a booting loop.
Polycom, VVX, Bootloop, Factory Reset, TFTP