What is the process to port out my number to another provider?
We hate to see you go and if there's any information or suggestions on how we can improve, we would appreciate the feedback.
99% of the porting process is handled by the new service provider. They will be the ones to provide status updates, timeframes, and correct any issues that may occur.
- Your SpectrumVoIP service must be active in order to port your number to a new provider.
- Initiate the process with the new service provider. We are unable to transfer numbers out.
- The required proof of ownership (bill copy alternative) can be obtained by logging into the SpectrumVoIP SSO Gateway and selecting "Manage My System" From there you'll be able to take screenshots of the phone numbers listed your sites administration portal.
- Your new provider will have you complete and sign an LOA form they provide.
- They will then notify our carrier of your number porting request and they will verify your information.
- All updates will need to come from your new provider. We do not have any visibility into their timelines.
- It is important that we are notified of any phone numbers that you have ported away or plan to port away in the immediate future. It will help ensure a smoother transition, allow us to update call translations and routing, and prevent any numbers left behind from being redistributed to other customers.
Please note: If you delete a number from the administrative portal on your account, it will be returned to our inventory pool and made available for reuse.