Call queue callback is a feature that allows a caller in a queue to request a callback from the next available agent. This feature holds the caller’s place in the queue until an agent is available. In a Call Center environment it has been shown that implementing this feature can:
- Lower abandonment rates,
- Reduce hold time improving the client experience,
- Reduce call spikes, and
- Decrease handle time as customers aren’t complaining about being kept on hold.
Configure the Settings in the Manager Portal
- Log in to the Manager Portal with a scope of Call Center Supervisor or above and select Call Queues.
- Double-click the name of the queue to which you want to add the feature.
- In the Edit New Queue window select the Pre Queue Options tab.
- Set Allow Callback to Yes. Press Save to continue.
With this feature enabled a caller to a queue is presented with the following options; if all agents are on a call.
Note: The Call Queue Callback Prompt will be presented after the Ring For Timeout has been reached.
- The caller calls in and waits for Queue Ring Timeout is reached.
- The caller is asked to leave their call back number and save their place in line or to continue waiting.
- If the caller chooses to leave their number they will be asked to confirm the number and told they will receive a call from the next available agent.
- When an agent becomes available they are notified that they are going to be connected to the caller that requested the callback.