This article will go through how to add texting capabilities to a phone number in Stratus.
We have another guide for more information about How To Text in Stratus.
Note: In order to be able to add texting capabilities to a number, you will need to have a user scope of Office Manager.
- Log in to the Stratus Web Portal (stratus.spectrumvoip.com) as a user with Office Manager Access.
- Navigate to Inventory
- Find the Number you wish to enable texting capabilities. Click on the phone number to edit the Number's settings.
- In the Notes field add the term 'addsms'. The other details can stay such as "Main Number" or "John's Direct Number". Click Save
- Within 10 minutes the Note's field will change to show "smsAdded".
- Once the number shows "smsAdded" Click on the SMS Numbers tab.
- By default, the text destination is the same as the phone destination. (in the example, call queue 8000). This can be changed by clicking on the number to edit the destination.
Note: Each number is only able to be assigned to one destination.