The StratusLINK Google Chrome Extension can be found HERE.
Once installed on your Google Chrome Browser, follow the guide below for how to use the StratusLINK Extension for features like Click To Call, Call Pop Ups, and Recording Pauses.
Pin StratusLINK To Your Browser
Once installed, click on the small puzzle piece icon in the upper right corner of Chrome
Click on the small pin icon next to the “StratusLINK” extension
with the Cloud logo. This sets it so that it will appear in the Chrome
Extensions tray in the upper-right corner of your browser.
Sign In To StratusLINK:
Click on the StratusLINK icon in the Chrome extension tray to expose the Sign In screen.
Enter you Stratus Portal user credentials.
This is the same portal that you access by going to https://stratus.spectrumvoip.com/portal/
- For example, firstname.lastname@example.org as the username and your password.
- Please contact your administrator if you do not know your username or password.
Once you have been signed in, you will see the following pop out trey. If you see this trey, this it means you are signed in to StratusLINK. This will also let you know which user you are signed in as.
To Logout of the extension, click the Logout Button.
Most settings can be found by clicking the gear icon in the top right hand corner of the StratusLINK tray.
Once you have selected Settings, you will be able to edit the fields to customize your StratusLINK experience.
Feature: PAUSE-RESUME Recordings based on URL:
This feature allows you to enter a specific web URL or link that will cause the system to pause recordings when this URL is opened in your browser. To resume recording, simply close the browser window or tab that URL is viewed in.
To enable this feature, enter the web URL that you would like to trigger the pause and resume function. This setting can be found by clicking the Settings Gear Icon in the top right hand corner of the pop out menu. Then, simply click on the Pause recording toggle.
Your currently call will be recorded until the Pause Recording URL is active in your browser. The URL is still considered active even if it is opened in the background or if you are viewing another tab.
Once the website has been closed, recording automatically resumes for the call.
Leaving the URL open will not prevent call recordings. The Pause-Resume feature only works for the current active call. If a new call is made while the Pause Recording URL is open, then the webpage will need to be refreshed or closed out and opened again in order for the current call to be paused.
Feature: CLICK TO CALL:
This feature will allow you to click to call any phone number that is on a web page. There will be a small blue cloud logo that it placed next to each number that is detected. Simply click on this icon to trigger a click to call action. Once you click on the icon, your Stratus desk phone, Mobile app, web phone, or any other connected device will ring and once you answer your call will be connected to the telephone number you clicked to call. To enable this feature, click on the toggle next to “Click to Call” in the StratusLINK extension.
If you would like to limit the number of telephone numbers that are detected on a page, you can set the limit to any single or two digit number (max is 99). To do this, click on the small gear icon in StratusLINK and enter the limit number that you choose.
You can adjust the Caller ID that is used to make your outbound call using the dropdown menu.
This is the number that will appear on your phone(devices) when click to call is being used. And it is also the Caller ID that will show on the 3rd party’s number that is being called.
Feature: SCREEN POP:
Screen pop will allow you to enter any URL search link followed by a variable that will be replaced with the inbound calling phone number. When an inbound call is received, this URL is sent to the browser and will perform this search. This is useful when a CRM is used to access customer data to that customer information is displayed automatically. To enable this feature, click on the toggle option next to “Call popup”. You will then be presented with an option to call pop on Ringing or Answer.
To set the call popup url, click on the small gear icon in StratusLINK and enter in the url you wish to use.
You must also enter the URL that you would like to search by with the variable entered in the string in the Redirect URL field. The variable that is needed will be “<tn>” or “<sftn>” if you are using Salesforce Lightning. If you do not enter anything in the Redirect URL field,
StratusLINK will search Google for the inbound telephone number.
Some examples of URLs are below:
General Google Search:
Web Pages Won’t Load While Extension is Running
- StratusLINK scans the texts of webpages to identify click to call eligible phone numbers. If a website has a large amount of number, such as a database or list of contact information, then the page might either take a long time to load, or might not load at all. You may even experience an error like the image bellow.
- To resolve this issue. Temporarily turn off the Click to Call feature, then attempt accessing the website again. Your website should now load. You can turn Click to Call back on when you are ready to use it again.
Call Pop Doesn’t Appear To Be Working
- Make sure you don’t have any Pop Up blockers active that could be preventing Call Pop from performing
- Doublecheck the URL that is in the Call Pop URL field under settings
- Not all websites use <tn>, double check that yours doesn’t have it’s own unique variable such as <zdtn> for Zendesk or <sftn> for Salesforce.
- The telephone number variable must be at the END of the URL in order for it to function correctly. The variable cannot be places in the middle of the Call Pop URL.
I Have The Pause Recording URL Open, But The Call Was Still Recorded
- Double check the URL that’s being used is the one under your settings
- Leaving the URL open will not prevent call recordings. The Pause-Resume feature only works for the current active call. If a new call is made while the Pause Recording URL is open, then the webpage will need to be refreshed or closed out and opened again in order for the current call to be paused.
Here is a downloadable PDF of the StratusLINK User Guide