What Is the SpectrumVoIP Mobile App?
The SpectrumVoIP Mobile App is a SIP softclient that extends VoIP functionality beyond the land line or desk top. It brings features of the Stratus platform directly to end-user's mobile devices as a Unified Communications solution.
With the SpectrumVoIP Mobile App, users are able to maintain the same identity when making or receiving calls from any location, regardless of their device.
The SpectrumVoIP Mobile App for iOS and Android offers limited Portal capabilities including visual voicemail, call history, contacts, voicemail greetings management, and answering rules arrangement.
This guide uses the iOS version for its example and screenshots; however, most basic features are the same no matter which device you use.
Download the SpectrumVoIP Mobile App
- When launching the SpectrumVoIP Mobile App for the first time, the user will be presented with the login screen.
- Enter the user’s login name and the password used to access the portal, then tap Login.
- This is the same login information used to log onto the Stratus Web Portal
- User: EXT@Domain
- Pass: web portal password
- After the initial login, this data will be stored and not be requested again unless the user logs out.
Placing and Receiving a Call
Tap the Blue Dial Pad icon at any time to launch the phone dialer view.
Placing an Outbound Call
- From the phone dialer view, the user can dial both internal extensions and external phone numbers.
- When dialing is complete, press the green dial icon to begin the call.
Receiving a Call
When there is an incoming call the caller ID along with answer and reject buttons will be displayed.
While on an active call; the status, the dialed number, and call timer will be displayed at the top of the screen along with the following call functions:
- Mute – This disables the microphone.
- Hold – This places the other party on hold.
- Speaker – This enables the speakerphone.
- Add Call – This enables the user to create a second call that is separate from the first call. Once the second call is established the calls can be merged into a three-way conference or kept separate with the ability to swap between calls.
- Dial Pad – This enables the entering of digits when dialing into an auto attendant/IVR.
- Transfer - This transfers the call with an announcement to the destination.
- Switch Phone – This moves the call to other devices owned by the same user or to the cellular number.
- More – This launches a new menu with options to Hide The Call or Start Recording for on-demand call recording; if enabled for the user.
- The Contacts view shows contacts from the Phone as well as from the Stratus Web Portal.
- The App contacts are synced from the contacts found in the user’s Stratus Web Portal.
- A Red Icon indicates the user is currently on a call or unavailable.
- A Green Icon indicates the user is currently not on a call.
- A Grey Icon indicates that the user has a phone, but it is currently offline.
- A Blue Icon indicates that the user is currently able to view their chat messages, either on the SpectrumVoIP Mobile App or on the Stratus Web Portal.
Switching Contacts View
- By default, the view will show App (Portal) contacts.
- To toggle between App contacts and Phone contacts, tap the selector at the top of the screen.
- To filter/search contacts, tap the magnifying glass in the upper right, then type in the name to filter.
- Tapping the plus icon in the upper right brings up the New Contact view.
- Complete the fields to add a contact then tap the Done button in the upper right to save the contact to App contacts list.
Contact View (Edit/Dial)
- When viewing the list of contacts, the user can tap on a contact to view details.
- The contact’s extension/phone number(s) and email addresses (if available) will be displayed.
- Tapping on the extension/phone number will bring up the dialer with that number.
- Tapping on the email address will launch the user’s email application with a new message to that address.
- Edit contacts will allow the user to edit contacts that are found in the online Portal only and not on their native phone’s contact list.
- Tapping the Star Icon will toggle the favorites selection.
- The Voicemail view shows the user’s voicemail box.
- Users can tap the play button to listen to the message or tap elsewhere on the message to display additional options.
- Play/Pause Toggle – Pressing play begins playback. When a message is playing, this becomes a pause button.
- Message progress bar – This shows the current place in the message. Using the progress bar to jump to a different part of the message is planned for version 1.1
- Speaker – This enables/disables speakerphone playback vs earpiece
- Call Back – This calls back the number; if caller ID is known.
- Save - This moves the message to saved messages.
- Delete – This moves the message to trash.
Changing Mailbox Views
By default, the view will show New messages.
To view Saved messages, tap the selector at the top of the screen.
Chat and SMS
The Chat and SMS tab allows the user to access their Chat and SMS messages from their mobile phone.
- To resume a chat, simply tap on the conversation.
- To start a new chat type the pencil tool.
- Search for the contact to chat with or enter a phone number if the user has SMS enabled on a number for their user.
- Pressing the Options icon will allow the user to view their contact information, turn on or off notifications for that chat, or delete the conversation.
The call history tab contains a complete call history for the user.
- Tap on the information icon to
- Find out more information about the call.
- Give a call back.
- View their contact information.
- Green Up Arrow – Outbound Call.
- Blue Down Arrow – Inbound Call.
- Red Bouncing Arrow – Missed Call.
This section allows the user to change more options and settings for the SpectrumVoIP Mobile App.
- Update Status Message – This can be seen on the Stratus Web Portal and on other SpectrumVoIP Mobile App devices on your account.
- Adjust Answering Rules – If they have been initially set up through the Stratus Web Portal.
- View/Edit Personal Voicemail Greetings
- The user can add their mobile phone number to allow the use of dialing out through the mobile phone’s carrier.
- Toggle Mobile Data Use – On to allow the app make calls using Cellular Data.
- Change default calling method.
- SpectrumVoIP Mobile App
- Mobile Phone
- Choose before each call
- About – Allows the user to submit feed back in the form a log file for troubleshooting.
- Log out –Log Out of the SpectrumVoIP Mobile App.