In the Stratus Web Portal users with Office Manager or similar access are able to put an emergency forward number in place for the case of a service outage.
This will forward all calls that attempt to call the number to the new provided number. This forward happens at the Carrier Level, which means that calls that process through this forwarding will not appear in the Call History section of the Stratus Web Portal. This is because the calls are being routed to the new forward destination before being sent to Stratus for processing.
SpectrumVoIP's Stratus customers are able to forward their calls on their own via the web portal. To do this, follow the steps under the Add Forward Number section of this article.
In the case of a catastrophic event on SpectrumVoIP's Network that impacts the ability to access the web portal and process phone calls through normal means, numbers can be forwarded to this fallback number. This allows to SpectrumVoIP to forward calls to a customer's chosen destination without needing to call in or notify Support. This is not for local outages such as 'power outages' or 'network outages' that are local to a customer's location. This is for an outage affecting most or all of SpectrumVoIP's customers.
Add Forward Number
- Log In to the Stratus Web Portal.
- In the Stratus Web Portal, navigate to the Inventory Section.
- Click on the Number that you want to set an emergency call forward for.
- Place your forward destination number in the "Forwarding Number Field".
This should be a Non-SpectrumVoIP 10-Digit Number, such as a cell phone or 3rd party answering service.
- When you wish to activate the forward, check the Active Box and Click the Save Button
NOTE: YOU CAN PUT A FORWARDING NUMBER IN THE FORWARDING NUMBER FIELD WITHOUT NEEDING TO ACTIVATE THE FORWARD RIGHT AWAY.
- To Deactivate a forward, uncheck the Active Box and click Save. Once saved, numbers will route to their normal SpectrumVoIP Routing and not to the forwarding number.