Accessing Phone Manager
To access Phone Manager, log into the Portal with a User Scope that has already been given access to the Phone Hardware Inventory (such as Office Manager) and navigate to Inventory > Phone Hardware.
Then click on the Phone Manager button OR click on the arrow to the right to access the drop-down options.
There are two areas of use of this view: Edit Phone Configurations and Edit Configuration Template. Each of these is described in more detail in the next sections.
1. Phone Manager Launcher – This section allows you to edit an existing phone, or edit an existing template
- Search for a specific phone to edit its button configuration.
- Enter a MAC address or user number.
- Choose a phone model from drop-down to add or edit their device profile.
- Templates marked as read only cannot be modified.
2. Editing Individual Phone Configurations - When a device is listed in the Inventory and it has an associated device profile, the ability to click on the MAC address for individual editing will be made available; as shown below.
Alternatively you can clear the Gear Icon to also go to that device’s editor page
Editing and Adding Templates
1. From the Button Templates modal (which can be found by clicking on the Phone Manager button, then selecting “Manage all templates”) select an existing template from the left to edit or copy, or create a new template by entering the name into the text field, along with a description and clicking Add
The Model type will need to match the model of the phones. Be sure to keep this in mind when creating a new Template for existing devices. The template will not be a selectable option if the Model of the phone does not match the model of the template.
2. The following view is shown after selecting a phone model's template to edit or add.
3. The button configuration for a phone template can be edited by selecting a button to configure and then clicking on the button list to the right, or by clicking on the button marker on the phone image. Clicking on either will highlight the button selection in both the image and list.
4. Choose a line feature option from the feature dropdown and enter the parameters needed for the feature options.
a. For fields with autocomplete, start typing to see available options.
b. If unsure what the entry should be, autocomplete can be accessed by pressing the down arrow key on the keyboard
NOTE: Selecting Line Appearance, or equivalent, prevents you from assigning a user to the line because this does not apply to templates. Instead, it locks the button to only be used for line assignment.
5. A button can be locked by clicking on the lock image. This will prevent end users from editing the button if viewing from their phones view.
6. A Custom label can be added if desired. When a custom label is entered, the tag icon will be highlighted.
7. Additional options can be selected from the Options Menu; as shown below.
- Cascade Directory (static) - Auto fills the button being assigned, and all subsequent buttons, with static BLFs for the current directory entries.
- Cascade Directory (dynamic)- Auto fills the button being assigned, and all subsequent buttons, with dynamic BLFs which update whenever the phone resyncs.
- Clear Button - Deletes the button assignment and resets it to initial state.
- Cascade button clear - Deletes the button assignments for all subsequent buttons.
8. Button assignments can be reordered via drag and drop, by grabbing the button ID circle and dropping it onto another row.
9. Other Options available in the button template view are as follows.
- Apply a Directory by selecting the Directory button. (More detailed information below)
10. Zoom in or out of phone image and reset back to default zoom.
11. Save (or Save as new Template if you were using an existing template as a starting point)
- Line Appearance - adds a line registration to the device.
- Shared Line Appearance - adds a shared line that can be added to multiple devices.
- User (BLF) - allows you to see the presence status of another extension.
- Call Park - allows you to park and retrieve an active call, based on your Call Park Queues and Dial Translations.
- Speed Dial - allows you to call a specific destination; either on-net or off-net.
- DTMF - allows mid-call DTMF such as star codes. Note this feature is not supported by Cisco and Polycom
- Queue Toggle – allows you to quickly toggle your queue availability status between Available and Unavailable. Indicator lights may activate on applicable devices.
- Timeframe Toggle – allows you to toggle a specific time frame on and off for your user. This timeframe must be on the Answering Rules of the user of the phone. Indicator lights may activate on applicable devices.
- Hot Desk – this version of Hot Desking is not recommended. However, if you would like to utilize a hot desk set up, please reach out to SpectrumVoIP’s Technical Support team.
- Queue Login – allows you to login to all call queues that you are assigned to
- Queue Logout – allows you to logout of all call queues that you are assigned to
- Move My Call – allows for you to move a call that is currently active for your user to this device, such as from the SpectrumVoIP Mobile App or the Stratus Web Phone.
Applying a Template
After a template has been made, it can be applied to phones on the account.
Bulk Update to Selected Devices
- Under Inventory-Phone Hardware, use the check boxes to select the devices you wish to apply the template to, then click the drop down next to the Phone Manager Button, and select Apply a template to selected Devices.
- The Bulk Edit Phone Manger Templates window will pop up. It will list the selected phones and you can choose which template to use. Select your desired template, then click Apply or Apply and Resync.
Single Phone Template Update
1. Access the individual Phone Manager edit screen for the phone you wish to apply to the template to
2. Click the Templates Button and select an available template from the dropdown.
3. You should see the buttons appear on the Phone Manager screen.
4. Click Save and Resync to apply the template to the device.
Editing Phone Configurations For Specific Devices as Basic User
1. Basic users can access the button configuration for their devices via the Phones tab and selecting the cog icon to the right of the device.
2. After selecting yes, the Basic User will be shown a limited access view to their device.
3. Any buttons that have been locked will not be able to be edited. Line Appearance will be locked by default
4. The Directory can be assigned or edited as needed.
5. The user can select from other button templates, however, they will not have the ability to create new templates, or edit existing ones.
Applying a Directory
This modal is launched from the Directory button while in the button configuration views.
This directory will be accessible by pressing the Directory Button on your desk phone, then selecting the Remote Phone Book option. After a change is made to the directory in the phone manager menu, you may need to Update the remote phone book by pressing the ‘Update’ button on your desk phone once ‘Remote Phone Book’ has been selected.
1. Select a directory source (determined by the first line user assigned)
- All Contacts
- My Contacts
2. Once the source is selected, a contact can be hidden from the directory by clicking the eye next to the contact's name.
- The user will grey out and the eye will appear with a slash.
- To undo all changes at one time, select Reset to default.
3. The order of the directory can be sorted by Extension Number, First Name, Or Last Name
4. When the desired contacts for the directory have been selected, click Done.
Applying directory to line keys
To apply the directory to the phone, select the 3 dot menu button next to the line where the directory will begin, and select Cascade Directory(static).
- Phone Manager will apply the Directory to all subsequent buttons.
- When done with the Directory addition, select Save.