Stratus offers many ways to forward calls. This can be for emergencies such as power outages, or when you are simply away from your main phone for an extended period of time. This article goes over some of the most used ways to forward your calls.
These forwarding options will only affect the user it applied to. For information on best practices for forwarding all inbound calls to a specific phone number see this article.
From Phone To Other Destination
From your SpectrumVoIP phone (desk phone, mobile app, web phone, or desktop app) dial * 7 2 then the number you wish to forward the calls to, then press SEND.
Example: dial * 7 2 4 6 9 4 2 9 2 5 0 0, then press SEND. This will forward all calls placed to your user to the phone number 4694292500.
Example: dial * 7 2 1 0 5, then press SEND. This will forward all calls placed to your user to the phone number 105.
When dialing this from your device, you will hear a confirmation message to confirm the destination.
To REMOVE CALL FORWARDING, dial * 7 3, then press SEND. You will hear a message confirming that calls forwarding has been disabled.
Simultaneous Ring Phone and Offnet Number
Stratus allows you to ring multiple destinations at the same time through its Simultaneous Ring feature in the user's Answering Rules. This is commonly used to ring all of your SpectrumVoIP devices (desk phone, mobile app, web phone, desktop app) at the same time. However, it can also ring off net numbers such as a cell phone. This is a great option as a back up.
There is also an option to set a delay on the numbers that are rung. For example, you can set your cell phone to ring if you havent answered your desk phone after 10 seconds.
Check boxes allow you to include the user’s extension, ring all user phones at the same time, and use answer confirmation for offnet numbers.
- Include user’s extension - check to ring the phone with the same extension as the user.
- Ring all user’s phones - ring all phones associated with this user at the same time. (softphones and desk phones)
- Answer confirmation for offnet numbers - ensures when conducting a simring to a cell/landline that the answering party is a person instead of voicemail by requesting them to press 1 to accept the call.
- In this field, you can enter the extension of another telephone you want to ring.
- The clock icon allows you to specify a ring delay. A ring delay allows you to enter the amount of time before the call rings at the destination. To add other phones to the simring, click the green plus icon.
Temporary Forward Rule
This method can be used when you are frequently needing forward to the same destination. This will create a rule that you can enable or disable through the Stratus Portal, or through the SpectrumVoIP Mobile App.
To find out more about this method, click here.
Once a new Forward Rule has been set up on your user, you can enable/disable it through the mobile app under the settings menu.